A 500-word essay is not an essay type instead it is a format in which any essay type can follow. Whether you are writing an argumentative essay or a narrative essay, this format can be used.
A 500-word essay is just a word limit provided in which a writer is asked to present a particular point, his perception, and analyze the topic without including the unnecessary details. An essay writer is asked to write an essay of this format to know his knowledge and writing skills.
It might sound easy to write a short 500-word essay but it can be the most difficult writing at the same time. A 500-word essay is written according the ability of the writer that how well he can discuss the topic in limited words.
To write a high-quality 500-word essay you have to properly present your thoughts and give logical reasoning. The 500-word essay is of 500 words and usually takes a page if written with single spacing. If the double spacing is used, a 500-word essay can take two pages.
The structure of a 500-word essay is similar to other academic essays. There is an essay introduction where the topic is introduced and the thesis statement is presented. Following the introduction comes the main body where the logical reasoning is given to support the main argument and at last comes the conclusion.
To present your points and ideas in a 500-word essay, three strategies are used.
- Reverse order: When you use this strategy, you use the least convincing point first and the most persuasive one at the end.
- Direct order: In this order, the strongest and the most persuasive point is presented first following the points that are less important.
- Inside out: This strategy is like a hamburger. The most important and strongest point is presented between the week points.
Tips to write an effective 500-word essay
- Use appropriate words: A professional tip is to avoid using simple and vague words in your 500-word essay. Words like “anything, probably, something, etc.” can make your essay monotonous. Do not use extremely complex words as well. Use words that are neither complex nor easy.
- Argumentative Strategies: Persuade your audience with logical reasoning and strong evidence. Your smart vocabulary is not enough. You can only convince people with logic and facts.
- Proofread: Revise your essay with a fresh eye. Do not revise it right after you have finished writing it. Take some time to proofread and look for mistakes and errors. Make sure to make editing of the words and things you think need improvement.
- Avoid unnecessary phrases and words: Your word count is limited for this essay so present points and ideas in a concise manner. Do not elaborate on things that do not need explanation.
- Use strong and formal verbs: A 500-word essay is a formal piece of writing so use formal vocabulary to draft your essay. For example, do not use “take part”, instead use “participate”.
These easy tips can help you draft an exceptionally good 500-word essay. If you are still confused and not confident about writing an effective essay, there are websites that write papers for you for free and provide all sorts of essay writer free services. Take help from them.